Getting to Arcadia
From the bus station in Kampot Town we are a $4-$5 tuk-tuk ride. A moto taxi should cost $2 Max.
Many bus companies offer direct buses to Kampot from Phnom Penh. Below are some companies that make the trip and times but please ask at your hostel or hotel for up to date schedules.You can see our exact location on this map.
From Phnom Penh
- For those driving or taking a taxi ($35) travel out of Phnom Penh on Russian Boulevard past the airport. At the round about after the airport take the second exit onto National Highway 3. Kampot is 130km along this new highway.
- When approaching Kampot take the right turn just before the market, there is a large blue and green signpost above the road saying Sihanoukville, National Zoo and Bokor Resort.
- Take this road over the river via the new bridge and then turn right either the first right or the second, signposted National Zoo. Arcadia is 8kms down this road. There is a large sign on the road before the right turn and if you drive past the Zoo on the left you’ve gone 100 meters too far so turn around…
- Kampot is 90km along National Highway 4 from Sihanoukville. For those driving just get on National Highway 4 and keep going! You will be looking for a left turn just before you get to the river, signposted National Zoo just after a Petrol Station on your right. If you go over the new bridge turn around, safely of course, and take the second right.
- The next easiest option is to go to the taxi/bus station and take either a private taxi ($30) or a shared taxi ($5), but these don’t go until they are full and can take some time. There are also Private Minibuses ($60) and shared minibuses which take longer but also get you here hopefully in one piece.
- The bus companies are traditionally pretty sporadic but ask at your hostel or hotel for which companies are currently running and what time they depart.
- From Kampot Town go across either bridge and then turn right and follow the river for 8 kms. You will pass through a small village.
- After passing through the village, Arcadia is 1 km further. There is a large sign on the right side of the road that will lead you down the dirt road to our riverside property. The drive is suitable for any vehicles.
- If you reach the National Zoo with statues outside you’ve gone 100 meters too far.